Saturday, April 26, 2008

Holy cow! I must say that I never thought a side effect of my job was not being able to sleep in on Saturdays. So, 6 a.m. and I've got my first cup. For the last 2 or 3 days I've been mildly agonizing over this blogging business. When I decided to do it, I had all these great Ideas and then as I thought about it more I was like, "Why are these so great?" Then last night as I was reading "Good Omens", I threw off my self doubt and just said, "What the HAY!" If the end of the world is that close, does it really matter? Well, maybe it does. There's no accounting for quantum physics... So, enough of my self examination. Let's jump into something.
Mi esposo is off to his friend's 50th birthday party tonight. Yay! After nearly 25 years together, I have no qualms about him going off to pretend he's 22 again. So we are having a Girls Night tonight! Kristen and Em & Lyds are coming over for whatever we can cook up. It will be so nice just to sit and visit. I suggested an over night for us all and we could just get up for church tomorrow and all go together! However, Kristen has to work at 6 tomorrow morning. Stinkbugs! I'll ask if I can keep her kids, then.
I have two girl friends. Kristen and I have been friends since right after our youngests were born. We met at church. Her husband had just gotten the youth minister job at Holy Trinity in Decatur and we met while we were hiding in the bushes for a smoke. Lovely people but latant bad girls, us two. Ha ha. Truth is, we are both too responsible to be too much trouble. Of course she is MUCH more responsible than I am. She is one of the rockinest people I know. It's nice to have another mom I can turn to and say, "If I dropped my kids off of a high bridge in North Carolina back country, do you think I'd get caught?" and she'll help me work it out.
My other friend is new. Her name is Susan and she is a new teacher at the school where I work. We've visited away from work a couple of times and we're both like, "Hey! I like you!". It's very cool and a little weird becuase we're both a little afraid of sounding sappy and stalker-ish. I find it truly amazing to find a friend with such similar thinking. We can almost finish each others sentences.
Well, I need to go clean up and hit the grocery store.

No comments: