Saturday, May 24, 2008

I love Saturdays!

Well, I got up and went to Michele's this morning. I was astounded to see how many folks had already been there!
I am inspired today to clean my bathrooms. Now I have bleach in my nose and I'm rather enjoying it. And while I'm cleaning, I pretend I'm the Little Princess (Burnett) or Laura Ingalls Wilder. (O.k. to laugh. This is actually advice I give my kids.) Unless I have on music or NPR. There's something very satisfying about cleaning down to the corners. This does not happen often, I assure you...
And Bella is quite put out that she is the only one home to help. (grumpgrump) "This is not mine." "Where does this go?" "My stomach hurts." "I'm tired." "Let me tell you about my Webkinz." (Or the horse I found Byer Horses. Or look at thrick I taught my Nintendog.)
Molly is away. She spent the night with Lydia for Lyd's b-day. At the Omni Hotel downtown. With a pool. And they went to see "Prince Caspian". And they are going to the aquarium today. Rosa is out today with one of her friends. A rare occasion. But away playing. Bruce is sleeping after coming in at 7ish. And we are home... Therein lies the rub for Bella.
However, she and I get to make the plans for our picnic on Monday without interference. We will plan it all and everyone else will have to deal. Nyah! Good heavens, I sound contrary. Must be the bleach.
Mmmmmmm... And I have to get my mom today. Wonder what color the sky is in her world today.

4 comments:

Pat said...

I also have been a busy little bee today - putting two coats of seal on the sun room floor. It looks good so I'm tired but happy:)
Do you find sometimes that you are too physically tired to sleep? I hope not tonight.
Have a good weekend and Michele sends her best.

Bobkat said...

It sounds like you've been very busy! The smell of bleach always makes things seem so clean doesn't it? :)

Michele sent me to say hi!

utenzi said...

Oh my god no. Bleach in the nose is not good. I hope you recover from this malady, Sue.

KristenPierce said...

I know that feeling of deep down clean and I must say that some days it is better than almost anything else. Except beer and chocolate. When you get finished (as if)I have some bathrooms here that could use a little elbow grease. Perhaps we could arrange a trade? And next time, it's YOU and I at the nice spa hotel..Oh pool boy, bring me another...
Love you madly.