Thursday, May 29, 2008

New 'Do!


Well everyone has their summer 'do now. Bella got this one. I actually like it on her quite a lot. People look at my kids and , well, I don't know what they think. Then they talk to them and seem to be amazed at what they can discuss intelligently. Like you shouldn't be this smart unless you come from an Ivy League background.
I know some folks seem to really relax behind the status quo. And there are times when I can really get behind that. I really resist big change. We have been talking about moving to about an hour from where we are now (better schools) but I REALLY do not want to. I have lots of good reasons to stay. There's the drive time to work (40 min. jumps to 2-3 hours, daily), not to mention gas. I really love being close to The Park. Where we are now is only 20 minutes from downtown. All of my friends are here. And I do not make friends easily. Rats...
But, when Rosa was in high school we dyed her hair Napalm Orange. I was SO excited and when we were done, it looked so good. Beautiful with her green eyes.
Once a person has to get out in the job force, once schooling is done and you have get approval and acceptance from someone for their livelihood, coloring your hair Napalm Orange or getting a mohawk are not really options. As humans we do judge each other by how you dress, wear your hair, etc... Human nature, but what a shame.

2 comments:

utenzi said...

Well, that does look a lot cooler and is certainly quite interesting...

Bobkat said...

Yeah, it is a shame that we are so judgemental about anything that strays from the perceived 'norm' in society. I have always been outside the norm myself and I used to get hell for it.

Michele sent me to say hi.