Saturday, May 17, 2008

Playing catch up...

Well, I took the day off on Wednesday to take Rosa and Ysabel to the END OF THE YEAR EVENT for Georgia Virtual Academy. It was held at Lake Lanier. I hadn't been there for 25 years... I didn't see much to reccommend it. Especially with the drought. The event was nice. I got to meet Bella's teacher, with whom I will be working as we finish up her school this summer. (Started late, y'know.) She got into playing volleyball and dodgeball with some other kids. Weather was overcast but fine. I really wanted to find some parents in our area to connect with. People are so reticent. I mentioned this while we were talking with Mrs. Peters (the teacher). She said a lot of the parents in our area left public school due to religious reasons. Perhaps that's why they avoid us. Rather liberal on the lifestyle side of things, you see.
I got out of the house this morning at about 7:45 to walk and take pictures at Stone Mountain. Kristen took my kids for the night last night. God Bless her. I know I post a lot of pictures on my blog. I just haven't had time to start another for just pictures. Heck! There are hardly enough hours to do this one! When I loaded them after I got home, I thought, "Yeah. This is what it felt like." It was about 55 degrees when I got out there. REALLY lovely. My mp3 player froze up and would not play, which turned out to be a blessing. We got to Stone Mountain Park so often that I forget how much good hiking is there and how really beautiful it is. If only the camping weren't so blasted expensive ($50.00/night! Zoinks!)

I think I got some pretty nice shots. I was surprised to find trees where the deer had been eating the bark. I got a couple of close reflections of trees in the water that look like they've been Photoshopped (sp?).. You could think that you're up in North GA. except that you can hear the cars on the road thru the park occasionally and people laughing now and again.

I hiked for about 2 1/2 hours. Then my stomach reminded me that I'd had 2 slices of bread for breakfast. Aha. And I had not brought water. Again. And my chores were nagging at my brain. Ah. The burden of being a responsible person. "Alright! I'm coming!!!", she hollers to the dishes...
TTFN!

6 comments:

sage said...

Here from Michele who says hi--I've climbed Stone Mt... Enjoy your weekend.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A great selection of pictures here. A good tour!

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

Thanks, Captain! I wish I could start every day like that...

utenzi said...

Nice pictures, Sue. I finally added you to my blogroll.

I've never seen deer at Stone Mountain but I've usually gone there around mid-day. Where I used to see a lot of deer was up at Red Top Mountain, about 30 minutes north of Marietta.

Sue said...

Hi Utenzi! I was told you have to get out there very early to see them.